It’s still early enough in the year where I can say Happy New Year again!
Naturally, I wanted to come with some resolutions/goals for the new year, but I decided against it. Why? Because every year, I make this huge list of things I want to work on that basically becomes a list of all the things I dislike about myself and then I never end up accomplishing any of it. If that’s the case, whats the point of even making resolutions?
So this is what I’m going to do instead: I’m going to make a list of a few, short-term, immediate goals that are realistic enough for me to do every day. At the same time, I’m going to make a list of general things that I want to work on. And of course, I’m making this public so that I can somehow keep myself accountable lol Here it goes….
Short term goals:
- Dedicate time to my online classes – they need to be equated to any class on campus.
- Wear my rubber bands!!!! – I know, this is a silly one to put down, but I need to get this damn metal off my teeth lol it’s been wayyyyyy too long
- Read the Bible every day – I used to be really good at doing this, but I fell out of this habit and want to get back into it.
This isn’t really a goal, but I also want to get into the habit of writing down my blog ideas. I come with so many and by the time I have my computer in front of my I forget them
Long term resolutions:
- Be all around more positive, and look to the bright side of things! – I have a really bad habit of getting irritated/annoyed easily by anything, and it’s a trait about myself that I’m not a fan of, so I need to work on it
- Dedicate some time every day for God – I know myself, I say now that I’m going to try to read my Bible everyday, but come March, I probably will have not picked up my Bible in more than a month. SO, I want to dedicate time to God. I have a lot of down time while I’m driving so maybe then? I just need to get back on my spiritual life.
- Get healthy! – this is a no brainer, but still, I want to work on it.
- Blog! Write! Journal! more often
- Go on an adventure! – this could mean anything from having a picnic with friends to going on a hike to traveling back to China, but this is going to be a big year, and I want to make the most of it!
So there’s that! Let’s hope I can accomplish some of these this year.
Till the next post!