Well, it’s 2015! Real question though: where the heck did 2014 go???? *Brace yourselves for a long post*
New Years for me always mean reflecting on the good and bad of the past year. So I made a list – My top 10 moments of 2014:
- CHINA – hands down the best thing thats happened to me not only in 2014 but basically my entire life and i miss it so so much
- Israel – being able to make the Bible a tangible experience is something I will never forget
- Starting senior year – I’m hesitant to put this one at number 3 because knowing that I graduate soon is so bittersweet for me, but I mean, its senior year so why not
- My internship at UCI – this made me realize that I actually want and can pursue medicine so it’s a pretty important moment lol okay now the following are just in a random order. no rhyme or reason to where they’re at lol
- my 17th birthday dinner surround by the friends I love oh so dearly
- the AP Bio Florida trip and the week that followed at my aunt’s house
- Performing a solo at the band instrumental concert (definitely the scariest thing i’ve had to do this year lol)
- Honestly, China deserves to be on here more than once lol
- any time spent with my friends is a noteworthy moment!
- RECEIVING THE FREEDOM TO DRIVE AKA MY LICENSE
It was really hard to try to come up with even 10 moments because so may good things happened in 2014. Granted, there was a lot of bad too, and this year wasn’t necessarily the best of years, but every moment is worthwhile.
I don’t know what this year holds for because a lot of big things are going to happen (graduation, college, 18th birthday), but I do know that whatever comes my way, I am going to try to make the best of it! I encourage you all to keep a jar or something in your room or wherever you want and write down all the good things that happen this year. I know I’m going to because I need a way to keep things in perspective when times get tough this year. I’ve purposely left out my new year’s resolution and goals because I don’t want to drag out this post, but HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL (even if I’m a day late)!! Hope this year’s a good one!!
Here’s a picture of my little memory jar area: